Combat.

Discussion in 'Roleplay Discussion' started by Dair, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Dair

Dair The Irishman Podcast Host Donator

Sandwich Artist
    So has anyone else noticed that most combat encounters in just about any rps we do are very binary? By that I mean very rarely is there any real tactics in fights. By this I mean if me and Locke fought and he had an upper hand that I didn't calculate then he should use that to win the fight. That is what I mean by tactical fighting and yet this doesn't really happen. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone since this isn't necessarily a problem and it isn't one person but everyone.

My idea is that the idea of godmoding engulfs this kind of advantage. If I knew something Locke didn't then that wouldn't be a "fair" fight even though there is absolutely no such thing as a fair fight. If me and Locke fought the first thing I would do is kick him in the dick as hard as I could. Yes its an underhanded tactic but I don't want to get the shit kicked out of me so that's what I'll do. If Locke doesn't notice I have a gun then I'll pop him. Would that be considered godmoding? You tell me.

I'm just using Locke as an example since he is the first to come to mind. What do you guys think about this?

NecroGoddess42 likes this.
  2. Locke

Locke Pontifex Maximus Staff Member Monitor Social Media Manager Alpha Protocol Article Writer

Articles:
    Pontifex
    you'll like my survival RP then

Dair likes this.